A New Family
How to Benefit From Church Attendance
KEY VERSE: Hebrews 10:24-25
Now that you have become a Christian, it is only natural for you to want to be with fellow believers. The best way to discover new friends who also love Jesus and to become a part of the family of God is to attend church.
WHAT DOES CHURCH MEAN TO YOU?
Compare the old life with the new:
THE OLD LIFE: THE NEW LIFE:
1. Worldly interest 1. Christian interest
2. Attend church occasionally 2. Attend church regularly
3.___________________ _____ 3.________________________
How exciting it is to find a whole new family. Every true Christian is your brother or sister. This new family is the church which the Bible calls the body of Christ. Be sure to show your spiritual family plenty of love.
Usually the first thing Paul did when visiting a town was to find and attend church (Acts 18:19). In this lesson we will study why a good Church is important for fellowship, inspiration and spiritual instruction.
I. CHURCH ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE GOD
1. What 2 things does Hebrews 10:24-25 tell us will be the result
of the believers assembling together?
2. What does Hebrews 10:25 challenge us to not do?
3. What word in Hebrews 10:25 suggest regular church
4. Do you think a Christian is ever tempted to not go to church?
II. CHURCH ATTENDANCE IS MODELED BY THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH.
1. In Acts 2:41- 47, what 4 things was the church devoted to?
A. Devoted to ________________
B. Devoted to ________________
C. Devoted to ________________
D. Devoted to ________________
2. What one concept do the following scriptures have in common?
A. Acts 1:6 F. Acts 15:30
B. Acts 2:1 G. Acts 20:7-8
C. Acts 10:27 H. 1 Corinthians 5:4
D. Acts 12:12 I. Ephesians 2:6
E. Acts 14:27 J. Acts 4:31
III. CHURCH ATTENDANCE BRINGS THE BODY OF CHRIST TOGETHER
1. Who is the head of the church? Ephesians 5:23
2. How important is the church to Jesus Christ? Ephesians 5:25
3. What phrase in 1 Corinthians 12:27 teaches us that we should
work in harmony together as Christians?
4. Are all members the same? Romans 12:4
5. What is the relationship of one member to another? Romans 12:5
6. How does one members "hurts" affect the rest of the body?
1 Corinthians 12:14-26
7. What attitude should members have toward each other?
8. How should I treat a fellow member of the church?
IV. CHURCH ATTENDANCE OFFERS PARTICIPATION IN THE ORDINANCES.
1. Baptism Romans 6:3
2. Communion 1 Corinthians 11:24-28